It's been a long time since I've spoken to you guys, and by spoken I mean when I ramble and don't know when to end a sentence. Well, I just wanted to explain why my posts have gotten more and more infrequent over the past 2 weeks, it has a little something to do with what I see in every reflective surface I'm in front of - a marked weight gain. :/
My friends who have known me over the years know that I am by nature a curvy girl and that after 3 pregnancies I have managed to bounce back and lose the weight and for the most part I've been pretty happy with my body. A little history, over 2 years ago I began a new healthy lifestyle and joined a gym, hired a trainer and got serious about my eating habits. I managed to lose the last post-pregnancy pounds and gained muscle and it was certainly no coincidence that it was one of the happiest times of my life.
Cut to today, where I have not only gained back those pounds but more. I would love to say that I'm making a case for inner beauty and that I'm 'enjoying my life' but the truth is I'm not happy with the way I look today, and instead of whining and complaining about it I've decided to do something about it. No it's not lipo - I can't afford it :D I'm back in the gym baby!
The most important thing and probably the most difficult thing for me is trying to maintain balance in my life. Being a devoted mother/partner/employee/employer/blogger requires a lot of energy and a lot of time that can only be achieved if you have excellent time management skills and more importantly if you are centred spiritually. If God is not in your corner and is not chief in your house, forget about it. It will be near impossible to gain inner peace. Seek God first then things have a way of falling into place.
I have decided to share my 'Journey Plan' on this fashion blog because we all know that when we feel good we look good and it is quite fashionable to be healthy: physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Hopefully my plan can help someone else out there:
- Nurture your soul, ie: daily devotions, listening to music, giving back to someone else or smiling more.
- Do at least one thing that makes you happy every single day. For me that's _______________.
- Do at least 45 minutes of exercise at least 3 times a week. Make it fun, and break up the routine to kill monotony.
- Eat green and lean, watch your caloric intake, and
avoidlimit alcohol consumption. :p
- Forgive and don't hold grudges. I know that's hard with the world being what it is, but we have to focus on all the positive things around us and try to rise above all the negativity. Forgive yourself too, we all make mistakes and fall off the proverbial wagon, and if that happens, just let it go and move on.
- Be disciplined in whatever you're doing, stick to it and give yourself some time for marked progress; and in that light you can expect an outfit post tomorrow :) No there will be no weight loss, I'm just trying to be a more consistent blogger.
I won't bore you with any more details but this is my quote for the day...
The journey of a thousand miles begins witha single step
Thanks for reading my darlings,