Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.- Melody Beattie
You are reading the post of a first time winner of a Jamaica Blog Award! I won! I won! Best Beauty and Fashion Blog 2012. A couple months ago I flubbed my blog name on Live TV and didn't know how to tag links in a blog post. I have come a long way, and I have to say one little quote kept me going in my moments of frustration and momentary pangs of self doubt: 'I love the unknown and I'm not afraid of ridicule'; read that in a magazine awhile back and it has stuck with me.
I am so grateful to have been a finalist in such a highly competitive category. I want to salute the creator and Director of the Jamaica Blog Awards (JBA), Corve Dacosta, who has given us bloggers a platform to launch our blogs and to gain publicity for our passions. He revealed many new developments for the JBA and I'm excited to be a part of this club. You can follow the progress of the JBA's by liking their fan page here for instant updates.
The Event was held at South Beach Cafe in Kingston and was hosted by the beautiful and ever fashionable Lauren Dunn from the Lauren O Lauren Show, she had some leggings on that were to die for!! and her bodddyyyy! Amazing! but, I digress. The event was also a live tweet up, which sadly I couldn't be apart of because I still don't have a smart phone! haha, and my ipad did not look good with my outfit :p
A special congratulatory mention to some of the other nominees in my category, Exotic You and I were in dead heat in the online voting process, she had the lead but thanks to all my friends on facebook and twitter who helped to make Natalia Oh! take the lead in the end.
Also, special mention to Carey-Lee Dixon the creative genius behind blogs Exclusive UMPH and For Woman To Woman who has shown that in this competitive world there is room for class and chivalry by tweeting congratulations and cheerful support to so many other bloggers throughout the campaigning process.
Now for the deets on the outfit!!! can I just say how much I LOVED MY OUTFIT!! I did! No mini skirt to tug at constantly and no need to suck in my belly, give it up to the peplum huh?! I hope it lives on forever!
- Black & White Jumper: bought at Tuscany Boutique in Mandeville; featuring the very trendy (but ever classic) black and white duo, and a high-low peplum, it truly was a statement piece. Unfortunately this jumper will not be there as Tuscany Boutique prides themselves for ONLY buying one of a kind pieces and will never have 2 of the same item; however they recently brought out new arrivals for the upcoming Jazz Festival weekend so you'll be sure to find something that is equally as unique. Visit them at their new, bigger and better location at 12 Ward Avenue Mandeville, or phone them 625-7093. (I will update on the online option for the jumper soon)
- The necklace and minaudiere: From Jeng Beng Mandeville
- Earrings: Bebe
- Shoes: Steve Madden (I seriously need some new shoes! :p)
- Hair and Nails : Just Imagine Day Spa (*ahem* who likes my new bangs?) Call Yvonne 867-6395 for this trendy look.
- On my Lips: MAC's lipstick: Pink Nouveau topped with their gloss Out For Glamour.
I know I look super grumpy here :p but look at my make-up maynn!! (I did it too hehe)
Last, but by no means least I want to say a huge thank you to my dear friend and the reason I'm posting this seemingly never-ending post today, Danielle Drummond! who forced me to start a blog and taught me everything I know and continues to share all her blogging tips. Please visit her blog Quaint Of Heart and check out her amazing photography skills.
Well, that's it! I'm going now, have some DIY's I'm working on, and will be working on for the entire night tonight! O.o
PS, If you're in Jamaica, please buy the Gleaner tomorrow (Monday 21st) and check out the Flair Magazine! ..... You'll be glad you did! ;)
Thanks for reading!