Get instant jewelry holders using everyday household items. Re-purpose items and get organized for the new year. It will be so much easier finding that perfect finishing piece when your jewelry is organized and in view.
Choose a sturdy box that is not very deep, choose a box with a size big enough to hold your entire collection of rings. A gift box can be bought, or you can re-purpose an old perfume box or a tie box etc.
Use the marker and trace the shape of the gift box on the sponge.
Use the exacto knife and cut along the figure drawn.
Place sponge in the box, making sure the sponge is not taller than the box. If it is, trim the bottom to make it fit according to height of box.
Use the exacto knife to cut small slits in the sponge. (Make sure not to cut too deep into the sponge)
Re-purposing Household Items For Jewelry Storage:
Paper towel holder doubles as a bracelet holder.
A cup holder doubles as a bracelet or an earring holder.
Old acrylic tip boxes serve as jewelry boxes and are great for traveling.
* Tips *
- Snack-size plastic zip top bags can be used to store jewelry for easy visibility, it is always better to store in clear containers so you can see the contents, and always keep away from direct light.
- To prevent tarnishing wipe jewelry with tissue paper to get rid of any oils or perfume that may have transferred during wear.
- Do not store jewelry in areas with high levels of humidity, example a bathroom.
- Group jewelry by colour, type, or length.
- Use an over-the-door shoe organizer with clear vinyl pockets to store costume jewelry in.
Check out some of my other DIY projects:
Thank you so very much for reading! I really should have split this post up, but I think I would like to move on to make-up storage now... What do you guys think? what is your favourite DIY that I have shared so far? or what would you like me to feature here?